Glastonbury Tor

A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend and I took a little trip to Somerset, spending a couple of days in Glastonbury and a couple of days in Bath. On the first night that we were there we went up the Tor, which is a huge hill with St Michael's Tower on top. I don't know a huge amount about the tower itself but the hill is associated with various different myths.
We went up there in time to see the view and the sunset, which were both breathtaking as you'll see in the pictures below.



What we weren't expecting? A group of Pagan/druid folk coming to worship the sunset, complete with drums and singing. There was one group who came with their drums and hit out a beat getting faster as the sun set whilst singing a strange song. It was a very odd situation to find ourselves in, especially since we'd had very little sleep, and it was so hard for me to not giggle but I managed it!
There were some other people who joined in with the singing and clapping, plus people sitting in front of the drummers meditating who all suddenly screeched when the sun went down. Very very surreal but an interesting experience for sure.



So there we go! I wish I could remember more of it but alas, I was being lazy and only just got around to writing this post. I didn't take too many other pictures when in Glastonbury but here's the few I did. Coming soon I'll do a post of our little trip up Cheddar Gorge.



0 comments:

Post a Comment